[March] Beauty and Fashion Favorites!
With MARCH MADNESS right around the corner, what better way to celebrate the draft picks than with some draft picks of my own?! I am not talking basketball, I am talking about some of my favorite March products and accessories that I want to share with all of you!
Trends come and go seasonally depending on their competitive advantage. Sometimes they get bumped out of the bracket, and sometimes they keep playing it up in wardrobes right up until the end. Here are some game changing products and trends that I am loving this month!
1. Velvet Chokers: Love Love Love this look! This reminds me of the stretchy black chokers I used to wear as a child, but in a much more chic way. These velvet chokers can even be evening appropriate if paired correctly. I like that they can be worn with anything from T-shirts, to leather jackets, to even simple dresses. It will give every outfit a little bit of edge and sophistication. What’s great are the combinations they have available. Chokers in various colors, materials, and adorned with trinkets. I opted for the classic, so I can get more use out of it!…
Find these on Etsy!
2. Mirrored Sunglasses : Whether its sunny out or it’s just daylight and you need an excuse (yeah right you never need an excuse for accessories), these sunnies are super fun!! How convenient is it to have a mirror right at your fingertips to check your hair and makeup? Im sure your friends wouldn’t mind that they don’t have to go far to check theirs either! Not to mention, the design of these are some what architectural, which creates diversity which makes this one of my favorites. The missing nose piece and silver frame can completely makeover a look. ( I got these from Amazon as I was attempting to buy actual necessary items…but of course this was TOTALLY necessary; take a browse)
3. Pashmina: I always thought a pashmina scarf would be worn for more evening events and by more “sophisticated” people attending more “sophisticated” events; until I tried it myself! Hello, I seriously opened up my eyes to the versatility of a pashmina, and in fact, I added it into my rotation of work blazers. Never been happier. Not only do I get compliments when I wear it, it feels like I am wrapped up in a blanket all day! (win win, I’d wear sweats to work if I could) I have been inspired to do a Lookbook on Pashmina wearing! Keep looking out for that post. Although mine has been in my closet for years, check out all these different options and colors at Neiman Marcus or Charming Charlie!
4. Tend Skin : This is such a good beauty product! No it isn’t “makeup” but it definitely helps with those razor bumps and post shaving/waxing irritation. GUYS & GIRLS can use it..not just a female product, and ladies, I highly suggest you get some for your boys! I used to use this ages ago to help with ingrown hairs or bumps post waxing, and just rediscovered it again. Not sure why I ever stopped! With summer coming up, it would be a well advised prep for those shorts and tanks. [These are more expensive on the main Tend Skin website & ULTA, but you could find it at Target, Walmart, etc. Free Samples can be requested here]
5. Maybelline ‘Rocket’ Mascara : I already have been blessed with long-ish eyelashes, but this mascara is by far one of my favorites. I have tried many from high-end to drugstore brands, and this is the most effective for making eyelashes look fuller and longer. I keep coming back to this blue and pink bottled mascara…I’ve even been asked if I was wearing false lashes at one point (how flattering). It work work work work work works! Seriously, any grocery or beauty store like Kroger, Walmart, Boots (maybe?) H-E-B, etc. should carry this! I am not even going to link it because of the variety of places you can find it. Beauty aisle!!
6. Make-up Forever Aqua Rouge liquid lipstick and lip pencil : Okay, where has this lip color been all my life?!?! I like having color on my lips, I hate the fade that comes with it throughout the day. It is so unattractive when lip colors fade, but it is even more annoying to have to constantly re-apply, until I found this product! This is by FAR one of my favorite lipsticks that actually lasts and doesn’t crack and get dry throughout the day, matte and then add the clear long lasting layer! It’s moisturizing, and it LASTS. I ate and it still stayed on! highly recommend it (if you have other suggestions for me to try, let me know!) And because it liquid, the application is goes on smooth! (click on images for link to Sephora)
The beauty product photos were taken directly from the site’s I suggested purchasing them from, so don’t forget, If you click on the image, it will take you RIGHT to the page. Otherwise, many you can find in store!